Longbeard goes British!
Though I'm a Fender guy at heart, I've always loved vintage Marshall amps since, in reality, they are simply a tweed 5F6A Fender Bassman circuit with a British accent. With this in mind I've combined elements of both American and British designs to create the Longbeard Continental.
A common complaint among some players is that they love the British "KARAAAANG!!!" of the original JTM45, but the lows tend to get a little boomy and the highs can be harsh. The Continental addresses these concerns by firming up the low end and softening the high end while still retaining the sag of a tube rectifier. The goal is to retain all of the British vibe but at a reasonable club volume and more even frequency response.
The Continental comes with the option of either KT66 or EL34 power tubes and a post phase inverter master volume as standard.
All amps are built to order, Please allow 8 weeks delivery.
$1499 ($60 ship)
- 40 watts class AB with adjustable fixed bias
- Tube rectifier
- Classic cathode follower design based upon the JTM45
- Reduced treble harshness on the hi volume with pull boost feature to increase mids and highs if desired
- Reduced bass boom
- Rear-mounted Post phase inverter master volume (PPIMV)
- Classic British cabinet design and layout