The best gets a new name!
On the heels of our first successful commercial release of the limited run 'Tritone' comes the Li'l Jake. Though the Tritone name is now retired, the same amp lives on as the Li'l Jake and still answers the original question: "What would be the perfect club and studio amp that could cover most all bases for blues, country, roots rock/Americana?"
Origins: The Tritone
The Tritone was where the whole idea of Longbeard Amps originated. I had been friends with Dave Anderson of Tritone Guitars in St. Louis for many years when one day we both asked the question, "What would be the perfect club and studio amp that could cover most all bases for blues, country, roots rock/Americana?"
We both eventually agreed that pound-for-pound, the blackface Princeton Reverb™ would be hard to beat, but it simply lacked the power and girth to make it in a club with a loud drummer. From there I set out to design a Princeton-inspired combo that not only boosted the power and girth of the original, but greatly improved it's overall tone and versatility.
I spent the better part of a year tweaking and re-tweaking until my O.C.D. over tone no longer kept me up at night (no joke) and the result was a hybrid amp that combines the voice and portability of the Princeton Reverb™, with the power and girth of a Deluxe Reverb™ and a British drive when opened up.
And, thus, The Longbeard Tritone was born. Though the Tritone name is now retired, the same amp lives on as the Li'l Jake.
Built to order, 90 days build time.
$1499 Head ($50 ship)
$1599 Combo ($60 ship)
- 20 Watts of Class AB Power
- Weber Signature 12B Speaker
- Hand-wired, Point-To-Point
- 6V6 power tubes
- 12AX7 (3x) and 12AT7 preamp tubes
- 5U4 rectifier
- Spring Reverb with dwell control
- Bias modulated tremolo
- "Soul" control to switch from "Tight (blackface)" to "Loose (tweed)"
- Mallory™ and Sprague™ capacitors
- Carbon film resistors
- Carling™ switches, and Switchcraft™ jacks
- External footswitch jacks (for vibrato and reverb)
- Bass and treble controls
- High and low level inputs
- Adjustable fixed bias
- Handbuilt pine cabinet
- Wheat grill
- Covered in your choice of black, blonde, brown, or burgundy covering